City Unity College in collaboration with Cardiff Metropolitan University offers a BSc in Computer Science. Computing, information systems and information technology underpins most of our modern world, from scientific research, to product development, through to social interaction and business environments.
This programme is designed to develop knowledge of the key concepts of computing and of modern computer systems. It also provides a deep understanding of the underpinning theoretical foundation knowledge and techniques, along with highlighting the importance of technology in the modern world.
You will be exposed to the state-of –the art research that is poised to shape and transform the computing and IT industry over the next decade.
- Computational Thinking
- Architectures & Operating Systems
- Principles of Programming
- Computing & Society
- Building for the Web
- Developing Quality Software & Systems I
- Research Methods for Computing & IS
- Physical Computing
- Software Carpentry
- Data & Knowledge Management
- Developing Quality Software & Systems II
- Mobile & Web Technologies
- Law & Digital Security
- Multimedia & Interaction
- Networks & Communications
- Employability Skills Project with PDP
- Computer Science Dissertation Project
- Professional & Ethical Issues in IT
- Computational Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Advanced Programming
- Parallel & Distributed System
- Advanced Multimedia
- Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Teaching of Computing
- Computer Graphics
All applicants should meet the following conditions:
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- In exceptional cases there will be an interview or challenge courses or entrance exams or accreditation of prior learning in consultation with the moderator.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements