Cooperation between two major educational organizations
Cardiff Metropolitan University as it is today was established in 2011 while its roots date back to the mid-1800s. At Cardiff Metropolitan University there is a continuous effort to maintain and raise the standards for all students. In 2007, under its former name, UWIC became the first UK University to be awarded the Government’s Charter Mark for Excellence for the fifth time.
Cardiff Metropolitan University is committed to setting high standards to ensure that the education received by students is of the highest quality and reinforces their vision, mission, values, and motto. Through work placement programs, professional accreditations and opportunities to study abroad, the University’s focus on employability has ensured that the majority of its graduates enter employment or further study within six months of graduation.
City Unity College in cooperation with Cardiff Metropolitan University offers the following Bachelor’s and Master’s programs in the areas of
- Business Administration
- International Tourism and Hospitality Management
Why choose Cardiff Metropolitan University?
- Awarded Silver status in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) – one of only four universities in Wales to achieve this.
- Ranked top in the UK for overall international student support for the 6th time (National Student Survey, 2018).
- The University is consistently at the top of the UK University Rating lists (The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide)
- 1st in Wales and 4th in the UK for environmental and social justice performance. (The People and Planet League 2017).
- 17,629 students from 140 countries.
- The University has been the leading provider of support for foreign students in the UK for the last 8 years (ISB 2010-2018)
- CMET is the University with the greatest improvement in student experience (Times Higher Education Awards 2014)
- In 2015 CMET was ranked 3rd in the UK’s Most Developed Universities (Complete University Guide, 2015)
- 96% of our graduates secure employment or enter further study within six months of graduation.
This is the highest figure for any university in Wales (DLHE 2017).
- 1st International Mobility – Cardiff Met has the highest success rate in gaining European funding for international mobility of any university in the UK.
- Ranked as the top post-1992 University in the UK for ‘world-leading’ (4*) or ‘Internationally Excellent’ (3*) research in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) (2014).
Cardiff Met: A Truly International University
Cardiff Met University has developed a unique model of international Collaboration, that aims on high educational and research quality, which consists of a high-group of partners with more than 7,000 students in Bahrain, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Greece, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Singapore, and Sri Lanka.
Its international links and relations with British embassies and foreign governments play a key role in developing the UK’s international relations through education and cultural diplomacy.
In 2016/17 our students travelled to: Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria, China, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, Spain, USA, Zambia to undertake courses, work placements, research projects, and volunteering.
The University’s Global Academies will extend its international reach and impact through inter-disciplinary research in areas that seek to address global challenges including Food Production, Security and Safety; Product and User-Centered Design; Leadership and Human Performance and Exercise, Health and Wellbeing.