City Unity College, in partnership with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers an undergraduate program BA (Hons) International Hospitality & Tourism Management
BA (Hons) International Hospitality & Tourism Management
Why choose the program
Jobs in these sectors are exciting career choices for professionals who are outstanding in sales and management and want to work in the vigorous and profitable hospitality industry.
Graduates of this program find employment in hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, clubs, bars, conference and event management, human resources, sales and marketing within the hospitality and services sectors, or they may opt to manage their own companies.
The BA (Hons) program is accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, UK. Successful graduates are eligible for membership of the Institute of Hospitality.
To provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to work as successful senior executives and managers in the hospitality and tourist industry.
Duration of studies
one (1) year full-time studies or three (3) years part time studies
Language of instruction
All teaching and exams are presented in Greek or English depending on the program you choose
- Swiss higher education is top ranked with an established high reputation for excellence. According to "Universitas 21 (U21) Ranking of National Higher Education Systems between 2012 and 2018", Swiss education in relation to the US and the UK holds the 2nd rank among 50 countries.
- It is the official partner of QS Zurich AG (Swiss Certification Authority) for the design, implementation and audit of educational programs and training in Business Administration (Public Administration, Tourism and Hospitality).
- It is the official partner of DeuZert, a founding member of IFCES, with ISO 29990 in Education, on the management of educational quality for higher / university education.
- The European University EurAka applies strict criteria in selecting partner universities around the world to ensure the implementation of high standards of education and practical training of the Swiss higher education system.
- It prepares graduates with skills, knowledge and abilities, specifically sought by employers worldwide and thus provides graduates with access to highly attractive international job opportunities.
- It offers Student Value + the optional ISO 17024 personal certification as an integral part of various programs of studies.
- It is a pioneer in scientific research by applying holistic and interdisciplinary approaches in a constantly changing world.
- For the first time Swiss certified programs are presented in Greece, offering the quality of Swiss education in the Greek language.
- The design of the Swiss Alpine Center curriculum is Swiss-based, which provides day-to-day theoretical and practical training in the 4-star luxury hotel, "Athenian Riviera Hotel", in Vouliagmeni.
- The program is taught in Greek and in English, the official language of the hospitality business by experienced teachers who are professionally involved in the modern hospitality industry and food and beverage services.
- International networking for students achieved through multidisciplinary synergies with leading foreign Universities and the CUC’s Alumni Association.
- The professors of the Business Administration – Hotel Management Department are distinguished professionals, researchers and teachers on the subject they teach.
- The program is offered full-time (1 year). Students have the option for practical training / internship with various collaborating institutions.
The presentation and teaching of the courses encourages active research and the learning process facilitates the personal development of students through teaching and learning methods which include:
- Case studies
- Individual projects
- Creation and presentation of a strategic business plan
- formal exams and completion of a 12,000-word thesis, or a business project or an independent study
The Hospitality Department offers its Master’s program at Athenian Riviera in Vouliagmeni, a self-owned Luxury 4-star Hotel, the only College Campus which is actually a fully operational Hotel.
For undergraduate programs all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) with an average grade of at least 60% of the high school’s highest grade
- In exceptional cases an interview or challenge courses or entrance exams or accreditation of prior learning will be required in consultation with the director of the department.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements which are:
- Graduation from a high school in an English-speaking country (where the teaching language was English).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 5.5 (B2 Level),
- An online English test to be arranged by the Admissions Department.
- Hospitality and Tourism Business Environment
- Rooms Division Operations
- Food & Beverage Service Management
- Finance for Hospitality and Tourism Managers
- Managing People and Organizations
- Academic Research & Writing I
- Diversity & Social Inclusion for Hospitality and Tourism
- Industrial Work Experience
- Hospitality Operations & Control Management
- Strategic Business Project
- Law and Ethics in Hospitality and Tourism
- Marketing for Tourism, Hospitality
- Human Resource Management for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Academic Research and Writing II: Structure and Process
- Financial Planning for Business
- Industrial Work Experience
- Digital Marketing and Public Relations for Tourism, Hospitality
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
- Strategic Management for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Tourism Planning and Development
- Corporate Finance
- Hotel Logistics
- Revenue Management
- HR Strategy and Professional Practice
- Enterprise Project
Provided on-campus technical support for personnel, instructors and students as well as an on-line help-desk services. Solving PC and laptop software and hardware problems ,printer and routing problems . Solving issues with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.