City Unity College, in cooperation with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers an undergraduate program in Business Administration.
BA in Business & Management
City Unity College, in cooperation with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers an undergraduate program in Business Administration with specialized areas in:
Human Resource Management
Information Systems Management
The program’s object is to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to work as executives across the full business range, as well for graduates aspiring to reach even senior management positions or even develop their own business. In addition, graduates through the enriched curriculum are able to solve modern business problems through a multidisciplinary approach that addresses all areas of modern enterprise (marketing, human resources, finance, technology, etc.).
The minimum requirements for enrollment in the Master’s degree program are:
A Bachelor degree awarded by another approved degree awarding body (2:2 or higher) or A non-graduate qualification which is deemed to be of satisfactory standard for admission into the postgraduate program
Students who do not hold such qualifications will be assessed for their suitability through an interview and, where necessary, through references.
Non-graduates who lack formal qualifications (ie: formal qualifications which marginally fall short of the normal minimum entry requirements) will have to compensate for by his/her relevant professional experience, provided that these candidates have held for a minimum of five (5) years, a key position relevant to the Master’s degree they wish to pursue.
There are quality assurance measures taken at program, school and institutional level to ensure standards are consistently met.
Why choose the program?
It is a key to success in the highly competitive international labor markets: EU, USA, UAE, etc. Many graduates are already working abroad.
There is great demand for specialized executives who are graduates of British universities.
Employment prospects in dynamically growing sectors (finance, human resources management, marketing, information systems).
Combination of theoretical and practical knowledge by leading academics with many years of teaching and professional experience
Graduates may register at City Unity Business Club, an organized network that advances their networking into the job market.
Students receive online information for jobs in business administration. For example, over the last 7 years, City Unity College has sent more than 20,000 ads for such jobs in Greece and abroad.
All applicants must meet the following requirements for undergraduate programs:
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) with an average grade of at least 60% of the high school’s highest grade
- In exceptional cases an interview or challenge courses or entrance exams or accreditation of prior learning will be required in consultation with the director of the department.
Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements which are:
- Graduation from a high school in an English-speaking country (where the teaching language was English).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 5.5 (B2 Level),
- An online English test to be arranged by the Admissions
- Evaluate the technical, societal and management dimensions of computer systems.
- Discuss professional, legal, social, cultural and ethical issues related to computing and an awareness of societal and environmental impact.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of aspects of computer systems and their use.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and attention to, the many and varied aspects of quality.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of research methods for investigating a particular issue.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the principles of software engineering.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of techniques for the development of algorithms for a range of applications.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of computer organization and architectures.
The duration of the program is 3 years of full-time studies or 4 years including practical training/internship (optional). The program is completed with the acquisition of 180 ECTS credits for three years or 240 ECTS credits for four years. During the courses, the necessary supervisory and laboratory materials are used (video projectors and PCs in state-of-the-art and fully equipped laboratories). All students have access to the online platform INTRANET where all teaching material, grades and announcements for all courses are posted.
The teaching methodology combines theoretical knowledge with practical training and includes:
- case study analysis
- experiential and group seminars
- developing skills and critical thinking
- lectures by junior and senior Managers of various production enterprises
- opportunities for educational visits to production units
All academic programs take place in our facilities at City Unity College, in the center of Athens, 15 – 17 Thisseos, Syntagma 10562.
Graduates with a Public Administration degree may work in Public Administration, for Local Government and Independent Administrative Authorities, may be employed in European and international organizations, as well in the banking sector and private companies.
Under PD 38/2010, Law 3696/2008, Law 4093/2012, European University degrees obtained by attending programs in recognized / accredited Colleges are professionally recognized by the Council for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications (SAEP) of the Ministry of Education.
To enroll in the program, prospective students must meet the following requirements::
- Have a High school diploma
- Proficiency of English language (for the English speaking class) and knowledge of PC usage
If the requirements for English proficiency are not met, intensive English courses are provided at City Unity College, depending on the level of each prospective student.
To enroll in the program students have to submit a file with the following documents:
- Photocopy of their ID
- Photocopy of their High school Diploma
- English language certificate (for the English speaking class)
The file is evaluated by the Head of the Academic Program and the supporting documents are sent to the European University EurAka Switzerland. After the registration is completed, enrolled students shall receive their student card.
Provided on-campus technical support for personnel, instructors and students as well as an on-line help-desk services. Solving PC and laptop software and hardware problems ,printer and routing problems . Solving issues with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.