The Company processes your personal data during your employment, while such processing will extend after the completion of such employment, and to the extent required in order for the Company to comply with its legal obligations towards the authorities and/or third parties, to comply to any applicable provisions on the obligatory data retention periods or in order for the Company to support its claims or rights.
BSc (Hons) in Psychology
City Unity College, in collaboration with Coventry University, offers the BSc (Hons) in Psychology programme, which is recognized by the A.T.E.E.N. department of the Greek Ministry of Education, Lifelong learning and Religious Affairs, enabling graduates to work as licensed psychologists in Greece.
The BSc (Hons) Psychology undergraduate course is a distinctive and unique course which adopts a holistic approach to the study of Psychology. A broad range of teaching and learning strategies will be used in order to provide students with an opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills in this popular area for undergraduate study.
The programme aims to explore human behaviour in a global context and engages with both the theories and application of psychological perspectives and methods/techniques.
Under Law 4093/12, European University degrees obtained by attending programmes in recognized / accredited Colleges are professionally recognized by the A.T.E.E.N. Department of the Ministry of Education, Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs in Greece.
Regarding the license to work as a psychologist, graduates of the BSc (Hons) Psychology, after applying to A.T.E.E.N. to have their professional rights recognized, they submit their papers in the region concerned and get their license to work as practitioner psychologists in Greece.
The programme’s modules are designed to provide a holistic and academic basis for the students’ learning experience and enable them to successfully continue to postgraduate studies.
In Level 4, there are 7 modules that form the basis for an introductory approach to psychology. CT101SPS Introduction to Counselling, Coaching, and Mentoring provides an introduction to the knowledge, skills and application of the fields of Counselling, Coaching and Mentoring.
CT4001PY Developing as a Psychologist (1) aims to introduce a course-based strategy to develop students' skills and professional identity throughout the course, focusing on the student's academic journey.
CT4002PY Human Behaviour provides students with an overview of key areas in psychology in a way which will provide the scaffolding required to understand how the different theoretical and methodological strands in psychology link together.
CT4003PY The Darker Side of Psychology introduces students to the ways in which psychology has been used fraudulently and inappropriately and the myths that have developed from psychological research and theory.
CT4005PY Psychology of Popular Culture aims to facilitate the early steps of psychological thinking and aims to demonstrate how psychological ideas have infiltrated every aspect of everyday life and how they are portrayed in popular media such as newspapers, magazines, film, TV and on the Internet.
CT4006PY Psychology of Mental Health and Wellbeing aims to provide students with an overview of key topics in the area of mental health and well-being, from a biological, psychological and cultural perspective. Students will explore the psychological theories and concepts that underpin mental health and wellbeing.
CT4007PY Research into Human Behaviour aims to provide students with an introduction to the various experimental and non-experimental research methodologies utilised by psychologists, as well as the basic descriptive and inferential statistics commonly used in psychological research.
In Level 5, there are 7 modules.
CT245CAR Intermediate Counselling Skills offers students the opportunity to develop an in depth knowledge, understanding and practice of counselling skills.
CT5000PY Developing as a Psychologist (2) enable students to build on skills relevant to employability in a career as a Psychologist.
CT5001PY Psychological Perspectives (1) aims to provide coverage of the core domains of biological psychology, social psychology, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology and individual differences. It will achieve this by adopting a thematic approach.
CT5002PY Applied Research Methods in Psychology (1) aims to integrate knowledge gained in the level 5 theory module (CT5001PY, Psychological Perspectives 1) to the applications of Quantitative research methods. Students will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of how to conduct, report, and interpret a range of statistical tests using data associated with complex experimental and correlational designs.
CT5003PY Psychological Perspectives (2) focuses on the development of students’ understanding of the core domains of psychology from Psychological Perspectives (1) and extends this to consideration of how this knowledge could contribute to solving a community relevant issue.
CT5004PY Applied Research Methods in Psychology (2) aims to integrate knowledge gained in a level 2 theory module (CT5001PY) with the application of qualitative research methods. Students will develop their understanding of how to design, conduct and report qualitative research using a variety of data collection methods and analytical techniques
CT5005PY Professional Experience focuses on providing students with the opportunity to gain work experience in an organisation relevant to their future career aspirations.
In Level 6, students undertake a Dissertation project, on their selected topic and under appropriate supervision. The Dissertation needs to be completed during the year. In addition to the Dissertation project, students will also need to complete 6 modules.
CT6002PY Independent Research Project where students need to undertake an independent piece of research on a topic of their choosing and under appropriate supervision.
CT316CAR Advanced Counselling Skills which offers students the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and understanding of counselling skills whilst providing time for the practicing of these skills within a safe, controlled learning environment.
CT6000PY Developing as a Psychologist (3) which is designed to equip students with a range of essential personal and professional skills that are required to be a successful student and graduate employee.
CT6001PY Project Ethics starts the process that will be the focal point of the student’s Psychological training; i.e. the Dissertation project.
CT6007PY Drug Use and Addiction which aims to further students’ knowledge of key topic areas in the domain of psychopharmacology.
CT6008PY Criminal Behaviour and its Contexts aims to explore the contribution psychology can make to our understanding of criminal behaviour across different contexts in society.
CT6009PY Clinical Neuroscience which introduces contemporary and complex neural mechanisms of human behaviour in typical and clinical populations.
The programme is completed within 3 (full time) or 6 years (part time) academic years; each year consists of two semesters. Each year of studies corresponds to 120 credits.
To conduct the lectures, appropriate equipment is in place consisting of video projectors and computers equipped with appropriate software. The research and statistics modules take place in appropriately equipped labs, within the campus. All students have access to the college library, the CityU E-Learning platform (where all teaching materials are stored) and Coventry’s Moodle platform, which gives access to a wide range of programmes to download as well as access to an electronic library consisting of thousands of books and scientific journals. Students can also access their feedback and grades through Coventry’s Moodle platform.
After successful completion of the programme, graduates can have their professional rights recognized by the Α.Τ.Ε.Ε.Ν. department of the Ministry of Education, Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs and get their license to work as psychologists in Greece in both the public and private sector. More specifically, graduates can work in:
- Hospitals and private clinics;
- Counselling centres;
- Nursing homes;
- Schools and organizational contexts;
- Drug treatment centres;
- Promoting public health and preventing illness;
- Research centres;
- Their own office, as self-employed psychologists.
Graduates can also undertake postgraduate studies in a wide range of psychology fields (e.g. forensic, health, clinical, exercise, occupational, sports etc.) in Greece and internationally.
Finally, graduates of the programme can apply for the GBC of the BPS, on an individual basis, and become practitioner psychologists in the UK, after appropriate training.
To register to the BSc (Hons) in Psychology, students need to:
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent)
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements
- In exceptional cases an interview or challenge courses or entrance exams or accreditation of prior learning will be required in consultation with the programme director and/or head of the department.
If the applicants do not meet the registration requirements regarding English competence, they can attend intensive English courses at City Unity College, adjusted to their level and needs.
Applicants will need to submit their file, consisting of the following documents:
- A copy of their ID card, A copy of their high school degree, certificate of English competence certificate & personal statement.
The applicant’s file is evaluated by the programme director and is then forwarded to Coventry University. Once their registration is complete, students will receive their a. student id card, and b. credentials to access Coventry’s University’s Moodle platform.
All courses take place in our campus in the centre of Athens, 15-17 Thiseos Str, Syntagma, 10562.
The Career Center, which operates at City Unity College with the support of a network of partner companies, aims to connect students to the labor market. The Career Center organizes seminars on effective C.V. writing and how to conduct an interview as well as workshops during which students get in touch with representatives of companies specializing in a wide range of areas.
- Access to EBSCO e-library;
- Access to international e-libraries;
- Access to and use of electronic resources through City Unity College’s e-library.
Academic and technical support
- Support by a personal tutor for the duration of the studies;
- Opportunities to participate in professional seminars;
- Access to the online learning platform, the E-Learning Platform, of City Unity College;
- Student email account (e-mail @gr);
- Technical support to students by appropriately qualified staff, through phone or e-mail;
- Opportunity to participate in the CityU Psychology Research Center;
- Opportunity to take part in conferences and publications in international journals.
- Opportunities to participate in day trips;
- Opportunities to participate in cultural & artistic events;
- Opportunity to participate in social philanthropy events.
- Free access to Microsoft software through the Microsoft Dreams park service (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows );
- Free internet access in our labs;
- Free Wi-Fi access on campus;
- Free access to the SPSS software for statistical analyses.
Coventry University is a global, modern university with a mission of Creating Better Futures. We were founded by entrepreneurs and industrialists in 1843 as the Coventry School of Design and we continue to have strong links with the public and private sector, providing job-ready graduates with the skills and creative thinking to improve their communities.
With a proud tradition of innovative teaching and learning, Coventry University has world-class campus facilities, the UK’s first standalone 5G network and a digital community of learning. Our students are part of a global network that has 50,000 learners studying Coventry University degrees in more than 40 different countries and partnerships with 150 higher education providers worldwide.
We have greatly increased our research capacity and ability with a focus on impactful research, delivered for and with partners, to address real-world challenges and support business and communities to develop and grow.
Over two centuries, we have flourished in Coventry and Coventry University Group now also delivers access to our range of high-quality services and partnerships through bases in London, Scarborough, Belgium, Poland, Egypt, Dubai, Singapore and Africa.
In recent years, we have won many awards and vastly improved our rankings in the league tables that matter to students – but what matters to us is delivering transformational change for our students, partners and communities around the world.
No.1 Modern University in the Midlands
Guardian University Guide 2021
1st for Overseas Student Experiences
based on student trips abroad from HESA 2018/19 UK data
Top 30 in the World for International Students
QS World University Rankings 2021
University of the Year for Student Experience 2019
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- The BSc (Hons) Psychology is recognized by the Greek State and confers eligibility to work as a licensed psychologist in Greece, through the recognition of professional qualifications/ rights process of the A.T.E.E.N. department of the Ministry of Education, Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs.
- As the programme adheres completely to the British Psychological Society’s (BPS) guidelines, our graduates can apply for the Graduate Basis of Chartered Membership (GBC) on an individual basis.
- The teaching staff of the department are all psychologists with many years of teaching and working experience, specialized in different fields in psychology, possessing postgraduate and/ or PhD level degrees. All lecturers are also practitioner psychologists, promoting thus an integration between theory, research and practice.
- Students study a wide range of topics and sub-fields in psychology (e.g. clinical, health, forensic, occupational, social, statistics etc.), while emphasis is placed on applying theory to practice.
- Students have the opportunity to undertake their professional training in a wide range of placements that the college collaborates with (e.g. hospitals, clinics, counselling centres etc.).
- The programme is offered in partnership with one of the largest universities in the UK, Coventry University.
- Students have free access to thousands of books and scientific journals through electronic libraries.
- Students can enroll at the Psychology Department’s Research Centre as research associates and participate in international conferences and publications in scientific journals with high impact factors.
- The college facilitates students’ participation in conferences held in Greece and internationally. Also, the department has an annual psychology conference, where students are encouraged to present their work and exchange views and opinions with fellow students and professionals.
- Students are also encouraged to participate in a wide range of events and action plans, as well as seminars and webinars organized by the Psychology Department, which aim at promoting their continuous professional development.
- Graduates can undertake postgraduate studies in Greece and internationally. After a successful application for the GBC, they can also study BPS accredited postgraduate degrees (Stage 1) to complete their training (Stage 2) and become chartered members of the Society and practitioner psychologists registered with the Health & Care Professions Council in the UK.
- 92% of our graduates are employed and/ or attending postgraduate studies within 1 year of their graduation. 90% of our graduates have evaluated the academic quality of the programme and their learning experience as excellent.
- The CityU Counselling Centre offers students the opportunity to undertake training under appropriate supervision and enhance their personal and professional skills. Students also have access to free tutoring through the centre, to further enhance their learning experience and overall well-being.
- Students at City Unity College have the unique opportunity to study in a truly multicultural environment. The high academic quality and flexibility of the programmes, in addition to the opportunities for personal and professional development, lead to each City Unity College degree being a guarantee of knowledge and professional training on an international level.