Σκοπός της Ελληνοαραβικής Ναυτικής Ακαδημίας είναι η παροχή υψηλού επιπέδου σπουδών συνδυάζοντας την θεωρητική εκπαίδευση και την πρακτική άσκηση.
BSc in Marine Engineering Technology & 3rd Engineer COC
City Unity College, with the support of the Arab-Greek Chamber of Commerce and Development, in collaboration with the Arab Academy of Sciences, Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT) and the Arab League (Arab League) of the 22 Arab States, established the first private Hellenic Arab Maritime Academy in Greece. The purpose of the Hellenic Arab Maritime Academy is to provide studies of a higher level combining both theoretical and practical training.
As part of the operation of the Hellenic Arab Maritime Academy (HAMA), City Unity College offers the four-year undergraduate program “Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering Technology & 3rd Engineer COC.
Certificate of Competence as 2nd Engineer
The graduate, as 3rd Engineer and having completed 24 months of sea service can attend the program of the 1st upgrade of his competency certificate (theoretical courses and written exams) and obtain the title of 2nd Engineer.
Certificate of Competence as Chief Engineer
After another 24 months of sea service, the candidate can attend the program of the 2nd upgrade of his certificate of competence (theoretical courses and written exams) and obtain the title of Chief Engineer.
Because the graduates of the Hellenic Arab Maritime Academy are having the opportunity to obtain a dual certification "BSc in Marine Engineering Technology" and "3rd Engineer COC", which offer the necessary skills and knowledge required to secure a successful academic and professional career in the International Shipping Industry.
Graduates, having obtained degrees equivalent to world-renowned Academies in accordance with international standards for the practice of the maritime profession, as defined by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), will have the opportunity to work as executives in the shipping industry, on ships (on board) or on land (ashore).
The duration of studies is set at 4 years and the education is theoretical and practical. The practical training takes place in Engine Workshops, in the in-house Marine Safety and Engine Lab and during the compulsory cadetship semester in the 5th academic semester (compulsory 6 months sea service). The cadetship semester can be fulfilled either on board Merchant Ships, or onboard the training vessel AIDA IV * of AASTMT.
- The academic year is divided into two academic semesters
- Classes commence every October
- There are morning and afternoon classes
- The program is taught in English language
- Hold a high school certificate
- Hold an English speaking language certificate (Level B2)
- Successfully completed medical examinations at a specialized diagnostic center in Piraeus to obtain a medical card.
* Note: The submission of supporting documents and the application for registration ought to be submitted latest by September 30 of the current academic year.
The Hellenic Maritime Career Center (HMCC) of the Hellenic Arabian Maritime Academy (HAMA) aims to provide advisory support to probationers as well as graduates of the Academy, offering them services at all stages of their training and professional development.
Based on our motto Theory-Practice-Theory, we focus on consolidating the professional careers of students and graduates on merchant ships or shipping / shipping companies. The experienced professional staff helps the students to prepare their CVs and organizes interviews with companies of the Shipping Industry.
The Hellenic Maritime Career Center (HMCC), through partnerships with international shipping companies, aims to ensure that all students and graduates of the Academy will have the opportunity to have a brilliant career in their chosen field.
According to the law 4393/12, university degrees obtained by attending programs at recognized Colleges are eligible for professional equivalence by the Professional Qualifications Recognition Council of the Ministry of Education.
- LH 131T – ESP I
- BA 123 – Mathematics I
- BA 113 – Physics I
- BA 141 – Engineering Mechanics I
- ME151T – Eng. Drawing & Projection
- CC 111 – Introduction to computer
- MT112T – Marine Safety
- P 101 – Physical Education I
- D 101 – Leadership I
- LH 132T – ESP II (Pre. Req.: LH 131T)
- BA 124 – Mathematics II (Pre. Req.: BA 123)
- BA 114 Physics II (Pre. Req.: BA 113)
- BA 142 – Engineering Mechanics II (Pre. Req.: BA 141)
- BA 118 – Chemistry
- CC 114 – Introduction to Programming (Pre. Req.: CC 111)
- IM 112T – Manufacturing Technology (Workshop)
- P 102 – Physical Education II (Pre. Req.: P 101)
- D 102 – Leadership II (Pre. Req.: D 101)
- LH 231T – ESP III (Pre. Req.: LH 132T)
- BA 223 – Mathematics III (Pre. Req.: BA 124)
- ME 231T – Thermodynamics (Pre. Req.: BA 114)
- ME 274T – Material Science (Pre. Req.: BA 142-BA 124)
- EE 239 – Electrical Engineering Fundamentals for Marine (Pre. Req.: BA 124)
- ME 252T – Mechanical Engineering Drawing (Pre. Req.: ME 151T)
- P 203 – Physical Education III P (Pre. Req.: 102)
- D 203 – Leadership III (Pre. Req.: D 102)
- BA 224 – Mathematics IV (Pre. Req.: BA 223)
- IM 212T – Manufacturing Processes I (Workshop) (Pre. Req.: IM 112T)
- MM 221T – Marine Diesel Engines I ( Workshop) (Pre. Req.: ME 231T)
- MM 241T – Naval Arch. & Ship Construction
- EE218 – Instrumentation & Measurements (Pre. Req.: EE 239)
- MM 211T – Marine Engineering I (Workshop)
- P 204 – Physical Education IV (Pre. Req.: P 203)
- D 204 – Leadership IV (Pre. Req.: D 203)
- S 400 – Guided Sea Training (Pre. Req.: MM 241T + MM 221T + IM 212T +EE 218)
- NM 291T – Maritime Law
- ME 362T – Hydraulics (Pre. Req.: BA 114)
- EE 329T – Electrical Machines (Pre. Req.: EE 238)
- ME 432T – Heat Transfer (Pre. Req.: ME 231T)
- MM 423T – Marine Diesel Engines III (Workshop) (Pre. Req.: S 400)
- ME 275T – Mechanics of Materials (Pre. Req.: ME 274T)
- MM 415T – Marine Engineering III (Workshop) (Pre. Req.: S 400)
- EE 418T – Automatic Control Systems (Pre. Req.: EE 218)
- ME 423T – Steam Plant Engineering (Pre. Req.: ME 431T)
- ME 434T – Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (Pre. Req.: ME 431T)
- MM 446T – Ship Repair Technology (Pre. Req.: MM 241T)
- ME 454T – Machine Design (Pre. Req.: ME 252T)
- ME 521T – Maintenance Planning
- EE 449T – Electrical Power in Ships (Pre. Req.: EE 329)
- MM 524T – Marine Diesel Engines IV (Workshop) (Pre. Req.: MM 423T)
- MM 501T – Project
- MM 453T – Ship Design MM (Pre. Req.: 241T)
- MM 516T – Marine Engineering IV (Workshop) (Pre. Req.: MM 415T)