City Unity College, in partnership with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers an undergraduate program BA (Hons) International Food and Beverage Management for those who want to gain a comprehensive knowledge and widespread experience on the design, production, operation and management of the entire food and beverage system.
- The International Food and Beverage Management industry which is customer centered and aims at producing quality food and innovative services, has become an increasingly competitive sector / key to competitive international labor markets
- Jobs in this sector are exciting career choices for professionals who are outstanding in sales and management and aspire to work in the financially vibrant hospitality industry
- Graduates of BA (Hons) Food & Beverage Management will achieve faster their promotion to managerial positions in the food and beverage industry
- Cardiff Met has a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TFE) rating (HEFCE 2017)
- The University is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK (The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide)
- Cardiff Met has been ranked the top University in the UK for 'International student support' in the International Student Barometer for six years (ISB 2010-2015)
- Cardiff Met won the Times Higher Education's Most Improved Student Experience Award in 2014
- In 2015, CMET was the 3rd most improved UK University in the Complete University Guide list.
- 95% of the graduates are working or continue further studies within six months of graduation (DLHE 2016)
- The design of the Hospitality and Tourism Management Department is Swiss-based which provides day-to-day theoretical and practical training in the 4-star luxury hotel, "Athenian Riviera Hotel", in Vouliagmeni
- The program is taught exclusively in English, the official language of the hospitality business by experienced teachers who are professionally involved in the modern hospitality industry and food and beverage services
- International networking for students achieved through multidisciplinary synergies with leading foreign Universities and with the assistance of the City Unity Alpine Center Alumni Association
The program is offered full-time and is completed in three calendar years.
The first two years of study aspire to prepare students to become cooks / chefs and restaurant managers, while the third year aims to prepare ambitious students for a managerial role in the Food and Beverage sector and other related industries.
The structure of the program lays the foundation in management, including practical, creative and professional skills. It also provides direct contact with major companies and their leaders, who are often guest speakers during the program. Managing a dynamic environment, taking into account the global marketplace, based on the use of an interdisciplinary approach, will train students to become effective managers in the food services.
- Menu Planning and Design
- Food Science, Hygiene and HACCP
- Food Commodities and Culinary Principles
- Finance for Hospitality & Tourism Managers
- Managing People and Organizations
- Academic Research & Writing I
- Diversity & Social Inclusion for Hospitality and Tourism
- Industrial Work Experience
- Food Production Theory and Practicals I
- Food and Beverage Planning and Control
- Restaurant Operations Management
- Bar and Beverage Theory Bar
- Nutrition in Menu Planning
- Human Resource Management for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Academic Research and Writing II: Structure and Process
- Industrial Work Experience
- Financial Planning for Business
- Food Production Theory and Practicals II
- Managing Food & Beverage in Competitive Environments
- Digital Marketing and Public Relations for Tourism, Hospitality
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
- Strategic Management for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Corporate Finance
- Hotel Logistics
- Revenue Management
- HR Strategy and Professional Practice
- Enterprise Project
Practical training in various jobs in the industry plays an important and integral role during the first two years of academic studies. Students develop skills which prepare them for an initial 20-week practical training period in the first year and for a second 20-week practical training period in the second year of studies.
Under Law 4393/12, European University degrees obtained by attending programs in recognized / accredited Colleges are professionally recognized by the Council for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications (SAEP) of the Ministry of Education
Graduates of BA (Hons) Food & Beverage Management will achieve faster their promotion to managerial positions in the food and beverage industry. For professionals who are outstanding in sales and exceptional in management and want to work in the financially active hospitality industry, employment opportunities in this make up exciting career choices. From hotels and resorts to entertainment centers and restaurants, you will find plenty of jobs in the food and beverage industry.
For undergraduate programs all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) with an average grade of at least 60% of the high school’s highest grade
- In exceptional cases an interview or challenge courses or entrance exams or accreditation of prior learning will be required in consultation with the director of the department.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements which are:
- Graduation from a high school in an English-speaking country (where the teaching language was English).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 5.5 (B2 Level),
- An online English test to be arranged by the Admissions Department.