City Unity College, in partnership with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers an undergraduate program BA (Hons) International Hospitality & Tourism Management for those who want to acquire a comprehensive knowledge and professional skills to work effectively as middle or senior executives in the hospitality and tourism industry.
Why choose the program?
- Jobs in these sectors are exciting career choices for professionals who are outstanding in sales and management and want to work in the vigorous and profitable hospitality industry
- Graduates of this program find employment in hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, clubs, bars, conference and event management, human resources, sales and marketing within the hospitality and services sectors, or they may opt to manage their own companies.
- The BA (Hons) program is accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, UK. Successful graduates are eligible for membership of the Institute of Hospitality.
- Cardiff Met has a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TFE) rating (HEFCE 2017)
- The University is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK (The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide)
- Cardiff Met has been ranked the top University in the UK for 'International student support' in the International Student Barometer for six years (ISB 2010-2015)
- Cardiff Met won the Times Higher Education's Most Improved Student Experience Award in 2014
- In 2015, CMET was the 3rd most improved UK University in the Complete University Guide list.
- 95% of the graduates are working or continue further studies within six months of graduation (DLHE 2016)
- The design of the Hospitality and Tourism Management Department curriculum is Swiss-based, which provides day-to-day theoretical and practical training in the 4-star luxury hotel, "Athenian Riviera Hotel", in Vouliagmeni
- The program is taught exclusively in English, the official language of the hospitality business by experienced teachers who are professionally involved in the modern hospitality industry and food and beverage services
- International networking for students achieved through multidisciplinary synergies with leading foreign Universities and with the assistance of the City Unity Alpine Center Alumni Association
The program is offered full-time and is completed in three calendar years.
The necessary daily practice ensures that students are able to operate promptly and effectively within the hospitality and tourism environment. This daily practice is linked to the first two years’ modules as students have the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge from all modules in an actual operational hotel environment. Management competencies are developed throughout the program to provide the tools for assuming greater responsibilities for hospitality units and human resources over time.
This BA (Hons) course will contribute towards attaining specialized knowledge and capabilities, basic skills, and expert managerial qualifications.
- Hospitality and Tourism Business Environment
- Rooms Division Operations
- Food & Beverage Service Management
- Finance for Hospitality and Tourism Managers
- Managing People and Organizations
- Academic Research & Writing I
- Diversity & Social Inclusion for Hospitality and Tourism
- Industrial Work Experience
- Hospitality Operations & Control Management
- Strategic Business Project
- Law and Ethics in Hospitality and Tourism
- Marketing for Tourism, Hospitality
- Human Resource Management for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Academic Research and Writing II: Structure and Process
- Financial Planning for Business
- Industrial Work Experience
- Digital Marketing and Public Relations for Tourism, Hospitality
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
- Strategic Management for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Tourism Planning and Development
- Corporate Finance
- Hotel Logistics
- Revenue Management
- HR Strategy and Professional Practice
- Enterprise Project
The presentation and teaching of the courses encourages active research and the learning process facilitates the personal development of students through teaching and learning methods which include:
- Case studies
- Individual projects
- Creation and presentation of a strategic business plan
- formal exams and completion of a 12,000-word thesis, or a business project or an independent study
Under Law 4393/12, European University degrees obtained by attending programs in recognized / accredited Colleges are professionally recognized by the Council for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications (SAEP) of the Ministry of Education.
Graduates of BA (Hons) International Hospitality & Tourism Management will achieve faster their promotion to managerial positions in the hospitality and tourism industry. Jobs in these sectors are exciting career choices for professionals who are outstanding in sales and management and want to work in the active and profitable hospitality industry. Ranging from hotels and resorts to clubs and restaurants, plenty of jobs are waiting for you in the hospitality and food industry.
The BA (Hons) programs are accredited by the Institute of Hospitality. Successful graduates are eligible for membership of the Institute of Hospitality.
For undergraduate programs all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) with an average grade of at least 60% of the high school’s highest grade
- In exceptional cases an interview or challenge courses or entrance exams or accreditation of prior learning will be required in consultation with the director of the department.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements which are:
- Graduation from a high school in an English-speaking country (where the teaching language was English).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 5.5 (B2 Level),
- An online English test to be arranged by the Admissions Department.