City Unity College, in cooperation with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers an undergraduate program in Business Administration with specialized areas in:
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems Management
The program’s object is to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to work as executives across the full business range, as well for graduates aspiring to reach even senior management positions or even develop their own business. In addition, graduates through the enriched curriculum are able to solve modern business problems through a multidisciplinary approach that addresses all areas of modern enterprise (marketing, human resources, finance, technology, etc.).
Why choose the program?
- It is a key to success in the highly competitive international labor markets: EU, USA, UAE, etc. Many graduates are already working abroad.
- There is great demand for specialized executives who are graduates of British universities.
- Employment prospects in dynamically growing sectors (finance, human resources management, marketing, information systems).
- Combination of theoretical and practical knowledge by leading academics with many years of teaching and professional experience
- Graduates may register at City Unity Business Club, an organized network that advances their networking into the job market.
- Students receive online information for jobs in business administration. For example, over the last 7 years, City Unity College has sent more than 20,000 ads for such jobs in Greece and abroad.
- Cardiff Met has a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TFE) rating (HEFCE 2017)
- The University is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK (The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide)
- Cardiff Met has been ranked the top University in the UK for ‘International student support’ in the International Student Barometer for six years (ISB 2010-2015)
- Cardiff Met won the Times Higher Education’s Most Improved Student Experience Award in 2014
- In 2015, CMET was the 3rd most improved UK University in the Complete University Guide list.
- 95% of the graduates are working or continue further studies within six months of graduation (DLHE 2016)
- Collaboration with high quality British university degree programs – high caliber UK University (CMET)
- The programs are taught in English.
- Classes are taught by experienced professors who have very good connections in the market
- Highly competitive tuition fees – good value for money
- Courses are a combination of theory and practical studies, with active students’ participation
- Multicultural environment which gives students the opportunity for an international networking
- The College organizes workshops and seminars with guest speakers from the industry, providing great incentives for the students
- The CUC Business Club is a dynamic alumni body for graduates to create and develop mutual interpersonal connections and networking
- Interdisciplinary synergies with other departments (Psychology, Computer Science) in various projects and researches
- Close cooperation between CMET and CUC through an elaborate process that ensures the validity and quality of education.
- Excellent collaboration between instructors and students through an Intranet that provides all the educational material on time, so students can schedule their study time.
- Psychological support from the Business Department faculty in cooperation with the Psychology Department, to all students throughout their studies.
The program is offered for a full-time 3-year period or a part-time 5-year period. The majority of courses/modules earn 20 credits each, representing 240 hours of studies, while the 10 credit courses/modules require 120 hours of studies. The total credits for a 3-year studies period are 360. During the 2nd year, students are required to choose their path/specialization amongst Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Information Systems. Also, in their 3rd year of studies students have an option to choose between two additional courses/modules or a thesis.
Various educational methods are applied, including: papers and reports, practical exercises, group or individual presentations, workshops, discussions, etc. The program is not offered as distance learning, so students must be present in class and participate in tutorial meetings. Furthermore, students can schedule additional meetings (either in person or electronically) with professors/tutors during office hours or via email, etc. All students should participate in compulsory tests/exams and assignments depending on course description.
- Business in a Global Context
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Personal Improvement and Development
- Finance for Managers
- Foundations of Law
- Introduction to Marketing
- Contemporary Issues in International Political Economy
- Financial Planning
- Research Methods for Business
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Leadership and Change Management
- Strategic Management
- Human Resources Management
- Employability Skills Project
- Four (4) elective courses
- Thesis or two (2) extra courses
Students can design, with their professors’ assistance, their studying method. At the same time, the course structure and the various teaching methods have been designed to support this practice. Micro-teaching is encouraged through the use of specific international practices such as case studies, while practical training is complemented by the use of appropriate materials, videos, computer software, etc.
The teaching material is presented through a mix of lectures, seminars and workshops.
Lectures are an important part of the program’s teaching strategy as well as an effective way of presenting the educational material in an interactive, collaborative way.
- Tutorial meetings
These sessions are intended to deal with issues that haven’t been covered within a classroom time framework. Tutorials are provided to support students to resolve any questions they may have. These meetings may be about:
– Solving practical issues that arise from the curriculum
– Resolving questions
Seminars may involve meetings of a student or group of students with their professors in order to present a project or a work within the scope of a course; students of different levels may attend the seminars. This strategy is used to openly transfer knowledge to all students regardless of their level, thus enhancing the student-centered approach the City Unity College faculty puts special emphasis on.
Laboratories are widely used in a number of modules throughout the program. In these classes students are able to practice and improve their skills in a supportive environment by faculty members. Laboratories are the transition from theory to practice.
- Case studies
Case studies are a fundamental teaching and learning strategy, as well as an evaluation tool. It is used for students to present and elaborate on real or virtual complex issues, which are first analyzed in detail, and then students outline their answers in writing or orally.
- Lectures by distinguished speakers
From time to time, market and business people are invited to update students on current issues related to their studies and to offer a practical understanding and connections with the labor market.
All academic programs take place in our facilities at City Unity College, in the center of Athens, Thisseos str 15-17, Syntagma 10562
Under Law 4393/12, European University degrees obtained by attending programs in recognized / accredited Colleges are professionally recognized by the Council for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications (SAEP) of the Ministry of Education
Graduates may continue their studies in any postgraduate program and MBA both in Greece and abroad. At the same time, they can work in the private and public sectors as business executives, in a wide range of sectors (marketing, human resources, finance, information systems) or even developing their own business.
All applicants should meet the following conditions:
All applicants must meet the following requirements for undergraduate programs:
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) with an average grade of at least 60% of the high school’s highest grade
- In exceptional cases an interview or challenge courses or entrance exams or accreditation of prior learning will be required in consultation with the director of the department.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements which are:
- Graduation from a high school in an English-speaking country (where the teaching language was English).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 5.5 (B2 Level),
- An online English test to be arranged by the Admissions