City Unity College in cooperation with the Swiss University, European University EurAka - Switzerland offers an undergraduate program in Public Administration.
- Program’s objective: To provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to work as successful executives and managers in the ever-changing world of modern Public Administration
- Duration of studies: 3 years (without practice/internship) or 4 years including practice/internship (optionally)
- Language of instruction: All teaching and exams are presented in Greek
The undergraduate program in Public Administration provides candidates with up-to-date knowledge, which is not limited to the national level but expands to the globalized economy.
Modern professionals must adhere to high standards of ethics that are essential for the sustainable management of the public organization as well as for the multiple challenges of the economy and society. In today's complex environment, executives should take into account the implications of the "involved parties" (political power, Ministries, International Organizations, etc.) and comprehend complex problems arising from the dynamics of these “parties”.
The integration of specialized knowledge and skills in a Public Administration degree program enhances the employment chances and successful career of graduates in the industry.
- Swiss higher education is top ranked with an established high reputation for excellence. According to "Universitas 21 (U21) Ranking of National Higher Education Systems between 2012 and 2018", Swiss education in relation to the US and the UK holds the 2nd rank among 50 countries..
- It is the official partner of QS Zurich AG (Swiss Certification Authority) for the design, implementation and audit of educational programs and training in Business Administration (Public Administration, Tourism and Hospitality).
- It is the official partner of DeuZert, a founding member of IFCES, with ISO 29990 in Education, on the management of educational quality for higher / university education.
- The European University EurAka applies strict criteria in selecting partner universities around the world to ensure the implementation of high standards of education and practical training of the Swiss higher education system.
- It prepares graduates with skills, knowledge and abilities, specifically sought by employers worldwide and thus provides graduates with access to highly attractive international job opportunities.
- It offers Student Value + the optional ISO 17024 personal certification as an integral part of various programs of studies.
- It is a pioneer in scientific research by applying holistic and interdisciplinary approaches in a constantly changing world.
- For the first time Swiss certified programs are presented in Greece, offering the quality of Swiss education in the Greek language.
- The professors of the Public Administration Department are distinguished professionals, researchers and teachers on the subject they teach.
- The program is offered full-time (3 years) or 4 years including an optional internship.
- Students have the opportunity to train professionally with various partner organizations.
- Any student has the chance to participate in Greek and international conferences.
- City Unity College is cooperating with Behavioral Research Network (BRN) which offers counseling to students for their personal development. There is also free tutoring available for issues related to students’ academic development..
- The programs are directly linked to the labor market, providing students with all the necessary knowledge and self-confidence they need to start their professional careers. Through practical training and their contact with various enterprises, students acquire a practical understanding of their studies’ subject. Selecting the specialized courses, they can choose their field of interest and stand out with their CV.
The duration of the program is 3 years of full-time studies or 4 years including practical training/internship (optional). The program is completed with the acquisition of 180 ECTS credits for three years or 240 ECTS credits for four years. During the courses, the necessary supervisory and laboratory materials are used (video projectors and PCs in state-of-the-art and fully equipped laboratories). All students have access to the online platform INTRANET where all teaching material, grades and announcements for all courses are posted.
The teaching methodology combines theoretical knowledge with practical training and includes:
- case study analysis
- experiential and group seminars
- developing skills and critical thinking
- lectures by junior and senior Managers of various production enterprises
- opportunities for educational visits to production units
- Principles of Management
- Managing People, Principles of Public HR Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Public Service Operations
- Communication of Public Services
- Public Service Economics
- Finance & Accounting
- Public Service Ethics
- Public Service Strategy
- Research Methods
- Public Risk Management
- Public Service Planning
- Public Service Innovation
- Leadership and Intrapreneurship
- Service Continuation Management
- Bachelor Dissertation
- Practical training/internship
All academic programs take place in our facilities at City Unity College, in the center of Athens, 15 – 17 Thisseos, Syntagma 10562.
Graduates with a Public Administration degree may work in Public Administration, for Local Government and Independent Administrative Authorities, may be employed in European and international organizations, as well in the banking sector and private companies.
Under PD 38/2010, Law 3696/2008, Law 4093/2012, European University degrees obtained by attending programs in recognized / accredited Colleges are professionally recognized by the Council for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications (SAEP) of the Ministry of Education.
To enroll in the program, prospective students must meet the following requirements::
- Have a High school diploma
- Proficiency of English language (for the English speaking class) and knowledge of PC usage
If the requirements for English proficiency are not met, intensive English courses are provided at City Unity College, depending on the level of each prospective student.
To enroll in the program students have to submit a file with the following documents:
- Photocopy of their ID
- Photocopy of their High school Diploma
- English language certificate (for the English speaking class)
The file is evaluated by the Head of the Academic Program and the supporting documents are sent to the European University EurAka Switzerland. After the registration is completed, enrolled students shall receive their student card.