City Unity College in cooperation with the European University EurAka - Switzerland offers a postgraduate program in Business Administration – Hotel Management.
- Program’s objective: To provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to work as successful senior executives and managers in the hospitality and tourist industry.
- Duration of studies: one (1) year full-time studies or three (3) years part time studies
- Language of instruction: All teaching and exams are presented in Greek or English depending on the program you choose
The postgraduate program in Business Administration – Hotel Management has been designed for graduates of related disciplines as well as other graduates who would like to work in the tourism and hospitality sector.
- Swiss higher education is top ranked with an established high reputation for excellence. According to "Universitas 21 (U21) Ranking of National Higher Education Systems between 2012 and 2018", Swiss education in relation to the US and the UK holds the 2nd rank among 50 countries..
- It is the official partner of QS Zurich AG (Swiss Certification Authority) for the design, implementation and audit of educational programs and training in Business Administration (Public Administration, Tourism and Hospitality).
- It is the official partner of DeuZert, a founding member of IFCES, with ISO 29990 in Education, on the management of educational quality for higher / university education.
- The European University EurAka applies strict criteria in selecting partner universities around the world to ensure the implementation of high standards of education and practical training of the Swiss higher education system.
- It prepares graduates with skills, knowledge and abilities, specifically sought by employers worldwide and thus provides graduates with access to highly attractive international job opportunities.
- It offers Student Value + the optional ISO 17024 personal certification as an integral part of various programs of studies.
- It is a pioneer in scientific research by applying holistic and interdisciplinary approaches in a constantly changing world.
- For the first time Swiss certified programs are presented in Greece, offering the quality of Swiss education in the Greek language.
- The design of the Swiss Alpine Center curriculum is Swiss-based, which provides day-to-day theoretical and practical training in the 4-star luxury hotel, "Athenian Riviera Hotel", in Vouliagmeni.
- The program is taught in Greek and in English, the official language of the hospitality business by experienced teachers who are professionally involved in the modern hospitality industry and food and beverage services
- International networking for students achieved through multidisciplinary synergies with leading foreign Universities and the CUC’s Alumni Association.
- The professors of the Business Administration – Hotel Management Department are distinguished professionals, researchers and teachers on the subject they teach.
- The program is offered full-time (1 year). Students have the option for practical training / internship with various collaborating institutions.
The duration of the program is 1 year of full-time studies or 3 years of part-time studies. The program is completed with the acquisition of 105 ECTS credits. .
The academic teaching and the continuous use of references on hotel management case studies ensures that students are able to act quickly and efficiently in a hotel and tourist environment. The thesis is linked to the program modules, as students have the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge from all the modules to an integrated diploma thesis. Management competencies are developed throughout the program to provide the tools for assuming greater responsibilities for hospitality units and human resources over time.
This ΜBA program will contribute towards attaining specialized knowledge and capabilities, basic skills, and expert managerial qualifications.
The teaching methodology combines theoretical knowledge with practical training and includes:
- case study analysis
- experiential and group seminars
- developing skills and critical thinking
- lectures by junior and senior Managers of various production enterprises
- opportunities for educational visits to production units
To attain a ΜΒΑ in Business Administration – Hotel Management students must complete the following courses:
- Hotel Front Desk Operations
- Human Resource Management
- Hotel Marketing Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Hotel and Workplace Security, Safety & Health (OSHA)
- Strategic Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Training and Education for the Hotel Industry
- Organisational Behaviour and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Research Methods
All academic programs take place in our facilities at City Unity College, in the center of Athens, 15 – 17 Thisseos, Syntagma 10562.
Graduates of this program may work mainly in the Public Sector and for independent organizations of the wider public sector as junior and senior executives with great prospects for job advancement. They may also be employed in the private sector in enterprises closely related to or doing business with the public sector.
Under PD 38/2010, Law 3696/2008, Law 4093/2012, European University degrees obtained by attending programs in recognized / accredited Colleges are professionally recognized by the Council for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications (SAEP) of the Ministry of Education.
To enroll in the program, prospective students must meet the following requirements:
- graduates with a degree from a Greek higher education institution or with a degree from a foreign university
- candidates without a degree may be admitted in the program if they have experience of at least five (5) years in a related subject/field and after an interview with the Head of the Academic Program
- Proficiency of English language (optional) and knowledge of PC usage
To enroll in the program students have to submit a file with the following documents:
- A university application
- Photocopy of their ID
- Certified copy of their degree and their academic transcript
- English language certificate (optional)
- A CV
- (2) Reference Letters
The file is evaluated by the Head of the Academic Program and the supporting documents are sent to the European University EurAka Switzerland. After the registration is completed, enrolled students shall receive their student card.