City Unity College, in partnership with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers a post graduate program on International Hospitality & Tourism Management.
The program is designed to offer future professionals a solid knowledge of problem solving as well as interpersonal skills combined with an in-depth understanding of the hospitality industry. Future executives will be able to operate at junior, middle or senior management positions in the hospitality industry as well as in the organization and management of hotels, restaurants, and various corporate hospitality units.
Students attend five (5) compulsory modules and two (2 ) elective modules depending on their field of specialization. Upon completion of their courses, students deliver their diploma thesis.
- A program degree is vital to the competitive international labor markets of the E.U., the USA, the UAE, etc. Many graduates are already working abroad.
- Great demand for specialized business executives who are graduates of British universities
- Leading academics with many years of teaching and professional experience present a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge.
- The mix of students and executives from abroad makes this postgraduate program highly competitive as different cultures and business models they bring from various countries constitute a huge capital of experiences in the context of a globalized economy.
- The program graduates’ salaries are raised faster and steadier, with job opportunities increasing rapidly.
- It is the ideal tool for starting one’s own business offering a broad view of how to hedge business risks.
- Cardiff Met has a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TFE) rating (HEFCE 2017)
- The University is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK (The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide)
- Cardiff Met has been ranked the top University in the UK for ‘International student support’ in the International Student Barometer for six years (ISB 2010-2015)
- Cardiff Met won the Times Higher Education’s Most Improved Student Experience Award in 2014
- In 2015, CMET was the 3rd most improved UK University in the Complete University Guide list.
- 95% of the graduates are working or continue further studies within six months of graduation (DLHE 2016)
- Collaboration with high quality UK university curriculums – from universities highly-rated in the United Kingdom (CMET)
- The programs are taught in English.
- Experienced business professionals who have an excellent and direct knowledge of the market teach the program’s courses.
- Competitive tuition fees / exceptional value for money.
- Courses are a combination of theoretical studies and practical teaching, with students being actively involved.
- A multicultural environment gives students an opportunity for international networking
- The College organizes workshops and seminars with speakers from various professional disciplines, offering extra incentives to students.
- Interdisciplinary synergies with other departments (Psychology, Information Technology) in various projects and researches.
- Close cooperation between CMET and CUC through a complex process that ensures the soundness and quality of education.
- Excellent collaboration between instructors and students through an Intranet that provides all the educational material on time so that students can plan their study time.
The progam is offered full time and part time (2 years).The program is not offered as a distance learning degree and students should participate in weekly three-hour meetings. In addition, students can organize additional meetings with their professors (either in person or online) during office hours or by email, etc. The evaluation of each course is done by a combination of exams, papers, and presentations. All students are required to take exams and / or tasks according to course description.
- Managing People & Markets across cultures
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events Industries in Context
- Industry Project Management
- Exploring Hospitality & Tourism Landscapes
- Research Methods
- Crisis, Risk and Strategic Change Management
The presentation and teaching of the courses encourages active research and the learning process facilitates the personal development of students through teaching and learning methods which include:
- Case studies
- Individual projects
- Creation and presentation of a strategic business plan
- formal exams and completion of a 12,000-word thesis, or a business project or an independent study
The Hospitality & Tourism Management Department of City Unity College is located in its privately-owned 4-star luxury hotel “Athenian Riviera Hotel“, in Vouliagmeni, Danais 7 & Armonias Str. – an advantage no other College in Greece offers in the Hospitality and Tourism education sector.
Under Law 4393/12, European University degrees obtained by attending programs in recognized / accredited Colleges are professionally recognized by the Council for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications (SAEP) of the Ministry of Education.
Graduates of MSc International Hospitality & Tourism Management will achieve faster their promotion to managerial positions in the hospitality and tourism industry. Jobs in these sectors are exciting career choices for professionals who are outstanding in sales and management and want to work in the active and profitable hospitality industry. Ranging from hotels and resorts to clubs and restaurants, plenty of jobs are waiting for you in the hospitality and food industry.
The minimum requirements for enrollment in the Master program are:
- an undergraduate degree awarded by another recognized certification body (2: 2 or higher); or
- non-degree qualification or a key-qualification considered to be satisfactory for enrollment in the postgraduate program.
Students without these qualifications will be assessed for their eligibility through an interview and, where appropriate, through proper recommendations.
Non-graduates without the formal qualifications (ie: fewer qualifications than required for enrollment) may have to compensate for them with relevant professional experience, provided that these candidates have held for at least five (5) years , a managerial responsible job related to the postgraduate diploma they wish to pursue.
The program, the department and the institution take quality assurance measures to ensure that high standards are observed consistently.
Need Proof of English minimum level B2.