Cyber Security MSc Coventry The significance of information technology and communication as well as more sophisticated security threats in today’s […]
Cyber Security MSc Coventry
The significance of information technology and communication as well as more sophisticated security threats in today’s modern society has led to an increasing requirement for people with understanding of the security implications of such technology. The MSc in Cyber Security aims to provide you with the knowledge and necessary skills in several core areas of cyber security. The course aims to provide a comprehensive and deep understanding of security principles, as well as the practical techniques used in solving security problems and addressing relevant issues.
The course will also provide the opportunity for recent graduates and early to mid-career practitioners in the computing industry to enhance their knowledge or move into cyber security. The MSc in Cyber Security degree will increase students’ employment and career opportunities. The course is designed to equip its students to work at a professional level and develop a range of industry-informed knowledge and skills in areas such as network security, secure design, cryptography, risk assessment, ethical hacking, digital forensics and incident response.
Our academic team specialises on several areas of cyber security and is committed to provide academic and technical support to students. The programme is offered as a one-year, full-time programme and three years, part-time programme.
Coventry University is a global, modern university with a mission of Creating Better Futures. We were founded by entrepreneurs and industrialists in 1843 as the Coventry School of Design and we continue to have strong links with the public and private sector, providing job-ready graduates with the skills and creative thinking to improve their communities.
With a proud tradition of innovative teaching and learning, Coventry University has world-class campus facilities, the UK’s first standalone 5G network and a digital community of learning. Our students are part of a global network that has 50,000 learners studying Coventry University degrees in more than 40 different countries and partnerships with 150 higher education providers worldwide.
We have greatly increased our research capacity and ability with a focus on impactful research, delivered for and with partners, to address real-world challenges and support business and communities to develop and grow.
Over two centuries, we have flourished in Coventry and Coventry University Group now also delivers access to our range of high-quality services and partnerships through bases in London, Scarborough, Belgium, Poland, Egypt, Dubai, Singapore and Africa.
In recent years, we have won many awards and vastly improved our rankings in the league tables that matter to students – but what matters to us is delivering transformational change for our students, partners and communities around the world.
No.1 Modern University in the Midlands
Guardian University Guide 2021
1st for Overseas Student Experiences
based on student trips abroad from HESA 2018/19 UK data
Top 30 in the World for International Students
QS World University Rankings 2021
University of the Year for Student Experience 2019
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- Collaboration with high quality British Award - Winning University – Coventry. Offering degree recognized programs of highest quality.
- Committed to providing our students with the best possible experience.
- Continue to invest in both our facilities and our innovative approach to education.
- Our students benefit from industry-relevant teaching, and resources and support designed to help them succeed. These range from our modern library and computing facilities to dedicated careers advice.
- The programs are taught in English with support in the English language if necessary.
- Classes are taught by experienced professors who have very good connections in the market
- Highly competitive tuition fees – good value for money. Especially taking into consideration the big increase of tuition in the UK due to Brexit.
- Courses are a combination of theory and practical studies, with active students’ participation
- Multicultural environment which gives students the opportunity for an international networking
- The College organizes workshops and seminars with guest speakers from the industry, providing great incentives for the students
- The City Unity College alumni body for graduates is a dynamic group to create and develop mutual interpersonal connections and networking
- Interdisciplinary synergies with other departments (Psychology, Business and Finance) in various projects and researches
- Close cooperation between Coventry University and City Unity College through an elaborate process that ensures the soundness and quality of education.
- Excellent collaboration between instructors and students through our Intranet platform that provides on time all the educational material as well as the option to communicate directly with the instructor for any questions and participate in discussions with other classmates.
- Graduates are high in demand by the Labor market
- Psychological support could be offered in cooperation with the Psychology Department, to all students throughout their studies.
- Vocational guidance through specifically designed specialized Test.
- Graduates have the option to register in the Master program
Duration: 1 year - Full Time, 3 years – Part Time
The Cyber Security MSc seeks to provide a postgraduate education covering the main theoretical and practical aspects of the field.
The overall aim of the course is to develop:
- A deep and comprehensive understanding of current cyber security issues, concepts and technologies;
- Technical skills in assessing systems security, detecting and mitigating security incidents; and
- An understanding of the changing cyber threat landscape and the developments in cyberspace.
A student who successfully completes the course will have achieved the following Course Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the legal frameworks, ethical and professional issues of cyber security.
- Perform systematic risk assessment, identification and analysis in accordance with international standards and demonstrate an ability to deal with complex issues.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of network and information systems secure communication technologies and protocols and their application to contemporary Internet and mobile-based solutions and technologies.
- Evaluate and justify a suitable methodology and tools for vulnerability assessment of a system. Conduct and report an ethically based security audit and test to a professional standard, recommending and specifying suitable countermeasures.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the theoretical concepts and implementation of current security frameworks and architectures as well as cryptographic protocols and algorithms. Be able to assess systems’ security requirements and apply secure design methodology and formal methods in systems design, implementation and testing.
- Apply appropriate technological solutions and processes in the detection, management and investigation of information security incidents, and document a digital investigation from a legal and professional standpoint.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of current issues and new technologies in cyber security, which are informed by leading edge research and/or practice in the field.
- Conduct rigorous research / formal enquiry into cyber security issues that require familiarity with a range of technologies, research sources and appropriate methodologies, and for such to inform the overall learning process.
- Network Security – CT7034CEM
- Ethical Hacking – CT7024CEM
- Cryptography – CT7031CEM
- Information Security Management – CT7132CEM
- Incident Response – CT7025CEM
- Digital Data Acquisition, Recovery and Analysis – CT7028CEM
- Security of Emerging Connected Systems – CT7026CEM
- Digital Security Risk and Audit Management – CT7033CEM
- Cyber Security Individual Project – CT7030CEM